Thursday, 25 August 2016

Korean traitor flees to Seoul

By our Asia Affairs correspondent

A Democratic Korean envoy based in London who disappeared last month resurfaced in south Korea last week spouting the usual Cold War drivel about choosing “freedom” for the benefit of his new puppet regime handlers. But the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) says that Thae Yong Ho fled after being recalled to answer charges of selling state secrets, embezzling state funds and raping a minor.
            Thae, a senior diplomat well known on the Korean solidarity scene in London, had worked in London for about 10 years. According to the south Koreans, Thae had “cited disgust with [DPRK leader] Kim Jong Un's regime, admiration for South Korea's free, democratic system and the future of his family."
In fact the Democratic Korean authorities had recalled Thae in June to put him under investigation – and on 12th July the DPRK's Central Procuratorate began a probe into the grave allegations against him.
“He deserved a legal punishment for his crimes,” a commentary on the Korean national news agency said. “But he took to flight, betraying his country and parents and other kith and kin. He thus revealed himself as human scum bereft of elementary sense of moral obligation and conscience.”
When Thae “disappeared” the DPRK informed the British government of the charges against him, along with a request for his extradition. This was ignored, not surprisingly, because the traitor was already under British protection. British intelligence, in tandem with an American “elite multi-agency group”, provided the transport for Thae and his family to leave the country, a fact confirmed by the Sunday Express last weekend.
The Sunday paper claimed that Thae “made his first contact with British intelligence agents two months ago at a golf club in Watford.”  The article goes on to say that Thae signed a letter of thanks he had previously began writing, which he asked to be hand-delivered to the Prime Minister Theresa May. whilst on the flight from RAF Brize Norton to the US Air Force base at Ramstein, in Germany. “Once in Germany,” the Sunday Express says, “the family and some of the agents were transferred to another aircraft, bound for Seoul.”
New Worker
26th August 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment