a resolution passed unaninimously at a Friends of Korea meeting in June.
This meeting on the present situation in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Marx House, London, Saturday, June 27th 2009, resolves as follows:
1. We condemn the accusations being directed at the DPRK from Anglo-American imperialism over the recent nuclear test.
2. We affirm that Anglo-US imperialism constitutes the main threat to world peace and security with its nuclear blackmail and aggression.
3. We hail the 9th anniversary of the signing of the historic June 15, 2000, North-South Joint Declaration, which marked an historic turning point in the Korean people's long march toward the reunification of their divided country.
4. We resolve to further build support for the Korean movement for reunification, which is overcoming the threats of US imperialist aggression, including through the activities of the Lee Myung Bak regime of national traitors in the south.
5. We condemn the terms of UN Security Council Resolution 1874 which introduces more unjust sanctions against the DPRK, and we condemn the role of the British government in passing this resolution and its hostile stand towards the DPRK. We say: Hands off Korea!
6. We pledge to step up the work to provide information about the DPRK and to build friendship and fraternal relations between the people of Britain and the Korean people.